I love searching the web along with my cookbooks for new recipes. I rarely cook something twice because there is just so much out there to try! Make your own vegetable broth with scraps of veggies for even more flavor.
I really like the lentils along with the quinoa in this recipe. It is such a great texture of flavors in the end product along with the great flavors of the added pine nuts, currants and balsamic at the end.
The ingredients are:
- 2 ½Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 6 green onions, sliced (1 cup), divided
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ¼ cups green lentils, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. pine nuts
- 8 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup dried currants, divided
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar